Below is a set up list containing step-by-step guides on configuring your Domain Name Server (DNS) to enable email campaigns.
**Please Note** For assistance in the setup of email campaigns beyond the instructions listed below, please connect with your DNS provider directly. Crelate does not directly assist in the setup of your DNS provider and relies on the experts at each given vendor.
Should you have any issues with setup, simply navigate to your settings to copy the 3 records to share with your DNS vendor.
1. First, on your Host Gator home page (https://portal.hostgator.com/login), you'll want to select the 'Launch cPanel.'
2. Next, you'll need to scroll down and select 'Advanced Zone Editor'
3. From there, enter the name of your domain and select "Search."
4. Next, in your Crelate settings area, you'll want to navigate to "Email Campaign" to add your domain name by selecting the (+) sign.
Enter your domain and select "Add Domain."
With that complete and having already logged into your DNS, you'll be able to select the check boxes to move forward to steps 4, 5 and 6.
5. Add or edit your SPF record. Typically, your DNS may already have and SPF record such as - v=spf1 include:outlook.com - all. In this instance simply include:mailgun.org into that existing SPF record ie. v=spf1 include:outlook.com include:mailgun.org - all
Or, if no such record exists, add via the screen shot below:
6. Add CNAME below as is:
7. Add DKIM (as a Type=TXT) as a new record by copying and pasting the text from step 4
8. Return to Crelate and navigate to Settings >> Email Campaign to verify the added records.
**Please Note** The length of verification varies by DNS and may take up to 24-48 hours to process.
9. Once verified, you must then add yourself and your team as campaign senders. Refer here to complete that process. **Please Note** this may only be completed after your DNS is verified.
Having issues with your campaign set up? All set up and ready to go? Check out some content to get you started!