Email journaling will automatically track and log emails back and forth from your email client onto your contact records in Crelate. As long as an email is listed in Crelate you can send emails from your email provider and have that log in Crelate.
**Please Note** For assistance in the setup of email journaling beyond the instructions listed below, please connect with your provider directly. Crelate does not directly assist in the setup of email journaling and relies on the experts at each given vendor.
To get started, please navigate to Settings | Journaling and add your domain (For example, if your email address is email@example.com, you will add crelate.com as the domain).
If there are any email addresses that you wish to never journal emails for, you can add them to the Email Exclusions list.
This gives Crelate Administrators the ability to exclude all emails associated with a specific email address, blocking them from getting journaled. It is important to note that Crelate will still receive the message, so as a best practice, we recommend you configure the rules directly from your email server so that the email is filtered out and never passed over to Crelate. You can add/delete email addresses by using the “+” and “-“ buttons on the top corner. Once you are done, be sure to click “Save” on the top.
IMPORTANT: The best and preferred way to prevent emails from being journaled in Crelate is to configure your email server to never send them to our servers for processing. This can be done via rules in Exchange, Office 365 or Gmail. If that option is not available, for convenience, we’ve added the ability to filter them on the Crelate Servers.
Next, to enable email journaling via Office 365 Exchange, please view the instructions below:
Note: To enabled email journaling, you must be both an admin within Office 365 as well as in Crelate
1. To start navigate to the 9 dot menu and select Admin
2. Next, select the Admin dropdown and choose Advanced.
3. Sign in to your Exchange account.
4. You'll next need to add a Mail Contact
5. The mail contact can follow the below formatting. For external email address, please use: firstname.lastname@example.org
6. Next, navigate to Journaling Rules to add that mailbox.
7. Select the recently created mailbox and then save.
8. Once completed, select the plus sign to begin creating your rule. Please then return to Crelate as you will need to cut and paste information from Crelate into this section.
9. Copy the text show below
10. Once copied, return to paste in the Send Journal Reports To section as you'll see in the first line below. Under the If the message is sent to or received from section, you'll want to select an individual user.
Please note: Each user will need to be added individually if you'd like to have their email messages journal.
11. After the user is selected, select the drop down for External Messages Only.
12. Final Step! Once completed for yourself and/or your team, please ensure the boxes are CHECKED. An unchecked box (as shown below) will result in email messages not journaling. This should be checked by default but it is always worth a double check!
Not an Office 365 User? Head to the link here to learn more about setup and options for G Suite.