Email journaling will automatically track and log emails back and forth from your email client onto your contact records in Crelate. As long as an email is listed in Crelate you can send emails from your email provider and have that log in Crelate.
**Please Note** If you do not want specific emails to be sent to Crelate for processing and consideration, please use G Suite's Routing Rule Options to filter messages that are sent to our servers. G Suite supports advanced Regular Expression (Regexp) settings to apply advanced filters if needed.
**Please Note** For assistance in the setup of email journaling beyond the instructions listed below, please connect with your provider directly. Crelate does not directly assist in the setup of email journaling and relies on the experts at each given vendor.
To get started, please navigate to Settings | Journaling and add your domain (For example, if your email address is email@example.com, you will add crelate.com as the domain).
If there are any email addresses that you wish to never journal emails for, you can add them to the Email Exclusions list.
This gives Crelate Administrators the ability to exclude all emails associated with a specific email address, blocking them from getting journaled. It is important to note that Crelate will still receive the message, so as a best practice, we recommend you configure the rules directly from your email server so that the email is filtered out and never passed over to Crelate. You can add/delete email addresses by using the “+” and “-“ buttons on the top corner. Once you are done, be sure to click “Save” on the top.
IMPORTANT: The best and preferred way to prevent emails from being journaled in Crelate is to configure your email server to never send them to our servers for processing. This can be done via rules in Exchange, Office 365 or Gmail. If that option is not available, for convenience, we’ve added the ability to filter them on the Crelate Servers.
Next, to enable email journaling via G Suite, please view the instructions below:
Note: To enable email journaling, you must be both an admin within G Suite as well as in Crelate
1. To start, navigate to your Admin center and select Gmail
2. Select Routing
3. For this step, scroll down to find Routing. Please then Add Another (or Add Rule if there are no existing rules present).
4. Whether adding another or editing, the steps will be the same. First, add the name and next select Inbound and Outbound
5. Return to Crelate as you'll need to copy and paste text back to your G Suite account. Cope the full address listed in the G Suite by Google Cloud.
6. Return to G Suite and scroll down on the previous dialogue to Add More Recipients.
Then paste in the copied text.
7. Last Step! Don't forget to save all changes when complete.
Not a G Suite user? Head to the link below to learn more about setup and options for Office 365.