Why do I see a red Web Phone Unavailable when attempting to make a call using RingCentral or the RingCentral Widget in Crelate?
If you are new to RingCentral, the first time you attempt to place a call, your browser will likely request microphone access. You'll want to select Allow when you see this prompt.
If this prompt is not display, it may be due to your browser blocking the specific pop up. In this case, navigate to the top of your browser where you will see an icon indicating that the page has been blocked from accessing your microphone. Click on this icon to configure the access settings. If you are unable to see the icon, scroll below to learn how to Delete the RingCentral for Google Extension. Ensure that you select Allow and then Done.
Delete the RingCentral for Google Extension
If you are unable to see the icon indicator on the Address bar, you can manually delete the app. This will allow Chrome to give you a prompt as if you're a first time user. To do this, follow the steps below:
1. Click on Chrome's Menu button, and then select Settings.
2. Scroll down, and then under Advanced > Privacy and Security, click on Content Settings.
3. Click Microphone.
4. Look for RingCentral for Google under Block, and then click on the litter bin to remove it from the list.
5. Launch the RingCentral for Google extension.
6. Click on the Web Phone Unavailable error.
7. You should get a prompt to allow RingCentral for Google to use your microphone. Click Allow.